The Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine (CJEM) is Canada’s only academic emergency medicine journal and the official publication of the Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians (CAEP). CJEM is published six times a year by Cambridge University Press. Its first issue was released in April 1999.
Please log in
Inspiring excellence in emergency medical care
To improve emergency medical care by connecting and informing providers
- To promote communication and information exchange amongst physicians practicing emergency medicine in Canada, including those providing care in rural communities
- To improve emergency care of patients in Canada and elsewhere
- To provide current evidence to assist physicians practicing emergency medicine
- To disseminate high-quality emergency medicine scholarly work in research and education, produced by Canadians
- To provide scholarly opportunities for medical students, residents, and newly practicing physicians
- To promote communication amongst non-physician Canadian emergency care providers
- To disseminate Canadian emergency medicine content internationally
- To be among the top three emergency medicine journals within 5 years
Penelope Gray-Allan Award – Now accepting submissions!
CAEP and the Editorial Board of Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine are pleased to announce a call for papers for the sixth annual award in honour of CJEM‘s former managing editor, Penelope Gray-Allan.
- The award is open to any Royal College or CFPC emergency medicine resident in Canada.
- The prize will be awarded for the best paper with a focus on humanities in emergency medicine.
- The paper must be less than 1000 words (excluding references).
- Judging criteria: Quality of writing, emotional content, pertinence to EM, completeness of story.
The award recipient will:
- Have their paper published in the CAEP conference issue of CJEM
- Receive a $500 prize (for the flight to conference or conference registration).
- Award presentation and acknowledgement at the CAEP 2019 Conference Awards Ceremony held in Halifax.
Additional submission requirements:
- A title page should be included with the following information on it:
- Telephone number
- Academic Affiliation
- Your photo
Deadline for submission is March 18, 2019.
Submit your paper here.
Please adress any questions to email@example.com.