The Section of Pediatric Emergency Medicine of the Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians seeks to continually improve the quality of care for pediatric patients advocacy for and recognition of the unique needs of acutely and critically ill children presenting to emergency departments in Canada.
The Pediatric Emergency Medicine Section’s mission is:
- To advocate for timely and appropriate access to skilled emergency care for children in Canada.
- To participate in the development of continuing professional development (CPD) of pediatric emergency medicine topics within CAEP.
- To collaborate with Canadian and international organizations in Canada towards developing the knowledge, education, and research capacity in the subspecialty of pediatric emergency medicine.
All CAEP members are welcome to join and participate in the section.
Pediatric Emergency Medicine Section Executive Committee vacant positions will be posted in the CAEP Connects and on CAEP social media channels.
Contact Christina Bova for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pediatric Emergency Medicine Subspecialty Residency
- CAEP 2020 – http://caepconference.ca – June 1-4, Ottawa, ON
- CAEP Leadership Development Conference https://caep.ca/em-community/academic-section/leadership-committee/leadership-development-conference/ – Feb 2-9, 2020, Puerta Vallarta, Mexico
- PERC Scientific Assembly – perc-canada.ca/pages/40-annual-meeting – January 26-30, Mt. Tremblant, PQ
- CPS Annual Conference https://www.annualconference.cps.ca/home –June 4-7, 2020 Vancouver, BC
- Lifelong Learning in Pediatrics sessions https://www.cps.ca/en/llp – January 31-February 2, Whistler, BC, October 2-4, St. Andrews, New Brunswick
- TAC (Trauma Association of Canada) Annual Scientific Meeting https://www.traumacanada.org/tac-conference-information/ – March 26-27, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Annual Canadian Critical Care Conference https://canadiancriticalcare.ca – February 10-13, Whistler, BC
- Airway Interventions and Management in Emergencies (AIME) http://www.aimeairway.ca – February 14, Halifax, NS, April 21, Ottawa, ON
- TRIK Course (Trauma Resuscitation in Kids( http://www.royalcollege.ca/rcsite/ppi/courses/trauma-resuscitation-in-kids-trik-e – April 26-27, Winnipeg, MB, May 29-30, Montreal, PQl
- International Conference On Residency Education (ICRE) – September yearly, varying locations http://www.royalcollege.ca/rcsite/events/international-conference-on-residency-education-icre-e
- Royal College Simulation Summit – in Nov Varying locations http://www.royalcollege.ca/rcsite/sim-summit-home-e
- Poison And Drug Information Service (PADIS) Toxicology Conference – November TBA, Calgary, AB
Regional PEM Conferences
- SickKids Annual Pediatric Emergency Medicine Conference http://www.sickkids.ca/PaediatricEmergencyMedicine/Learning-and-Education/Conferences/index.html – April 29-May 2, Toronto, ON
- UBC Pediatric Emergency Medicine Update https://ubccpd.ca/course/PedER2019 – May 8-9, Vancouver, BC
- Montreal Children’s Hospital PEM courses- PEM Critical Scenarios and Interventions May 28, 2020: https://www.mchpemcourses.com/pemcsi
- Western Pediatric Emergency Medicine Refresher Course May 1, London, ON:
- AAP National Conference & Exhibition https://aapexperience.org – October 2-6, San Diego, CA
- Practical Pediatrics CME courses https://www.aap.org/en-us/exhibits/Pages/Practical-Pediatrics-CME-Courses.aspx – variable dates/locations
- ACEP (American College of Emergency Physicians) Annual Scientific Assembly https://www.acep.org – October 26-29, Dallas, Texas
- Annual Pediatric Emergency Medicine Assembly (ACEP) https://www.acep.org/pem/ – March, NYC
- Difficult Airway Course (US) https://www.theairwaysite.com/a-course/the-difficult-airway-course-emergency/ – several dates yearly, variable locations
- Pediatric Academic Societies Annual Meeting – April/May, variable cities
- FeminEM (Females working in Emergency Medicine) Idea Exchange https://feminem.org – September 23-25, Chicago, Illinois
- International Pediatric Simulation Symposia and Workshops https://www.ipssglobal.org – April, 26-30, St. Petersburg, Florida
- World Congress on Pediatric Intensive and Critical Care https://www.wfpiccs.org – June, Mexico City, Mexico
- International Conference on Emergency Medicine: https://www.ifem.cc/conferences-events/international-conference-on-emergency-medicine/ – June 15-18, Buenos Aires, Argentina