Resident members are especially important to CAEP. You represent the future of emergency medicine in Canada. Our goal is to engage Residents to continue to be involved with CAEP to shape EM in the future.
A forum for Canadian emergency medicine Residents.
NEW: Unique Resident Experiences Award
The purpose of this award is to allow Emergency Medicine Residents the opportunity to showcase non-research activities that further development of Emergency Medicine. Examples of submissions include (but are not limited to) humanities, FOAM, global health, unique fellowship opportunities (aerospace medicine for example), art in medicine.
- Submit unstructured abstract (250 words max)
- Residents will have 5 min rapid presentations followed by a 2-minute question period. This would take place as the Resident Panel on the Sunday May 31, 2020 from 1500h – 1600h.
- $150 credit for the CAEP conference
- Formal plaque at the CAEP Awards ceremony
- Name featured on the Resident awards section of the CAEP website
- Must be current Resident a FR, EM, or Pediatric Emergency Medicine Program
- Must be a CAEP member in good standing
- Must attend CAEP 2020 in person and be available for presentation May 31, 2020 from 1500 -1600h
- Submit a non-structured abstract of maximum 250 words
- Judging criteria:
- Originality (score of 5)
- Furthers the development of Emergency Medicine (score of 5)
- The top 6 submissions will be offered the opportunity to present
- Raw score /10
- Each member of the Resident Section will receive anonymized entries and score entries out of 10
- Top overall score will win the award
- In the event of a tie members of the Resident Section will have one vote between the possible winners