Our mission is to provide a forum for Canadian Emergency Medicine (EM) clinicians, researchers, educators, and administrators committed to optimizing the care of older people in EDs; and to define and promote standards of excellence in their care.
Our vision is to create an environment within the Canadian emergency care community that promotes best practice, education, research, advocacy, and collaboration, which will serve to improve older adult emergency care across Canada.
The objectives of this committee are to:
- To establish and promote a network of people working in EM with at least a partial focus on older people;
- To provide a forum for exchange of developments in clinical care, research, education, and policy relating to older people in the ED and in pre-hospital care;
- To create a centre of expertise within CAEP on the emergency department needs of Canada’s aging population;
- To define standards for care of older patients in Canadian EDs;
- To promote research that prioritizes older patients in EDs;
- To enable education at the UGME, PGME, and CME levels.