The Leadership Committee’s objectives are to:
- Create a database of academic activities, physician leaders, infrastructure, and resources at each Canadian medical school.
- Support academic EM departments, divisions or units at each medical school and teaching hospital to ensure appropriate status, resources, and infrastructure.
- Promote the training and development of academic leaders of Canadian EM.
- Encourage Canadian EPs at medical schools and teaching hospitals to join and actively participate in CAEP.
- Promote strong representation on the CAEP board by physicians from medical schools and teaching hospitals.