At the end of this activity participants will be able to:
1. recognize barriers to emergency care faced by people who use substances
2. understand how to use buprenorphine in the ED
3. describe the impact of COVID-19 on the opioid epidemic
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 24 Mainpro+ credits. Earn up to one (1) certified Mainpro+® credit per webinar.
This webinar series is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and approved by Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians. You may claim a maximum of 24 hours. Earn up to one (1) MOC Section 1 hour per webinar (credits are automatically calculated).
Overall learning objectives:
- Consider strategies to ensure career longevity.
- Apply up-to-date evidence to inform clinical decisions.
- Influence the future direction of EM in Canada
- Stay connected to CAEP and colleagues within a virtual platform.
Given the importance of the subject of the November 4th Grand Rounds, CAEP is making this recording FOAMed (see videos below). Grand Rounds post recordings after the September 23rd session are only available to CAEP members via their portal. Login at the button below and select Grand Rounds from the left menu bar.
Not a member? Join here.