“With superb image quality that exceeds our cart-based units, its portability and compact size make it ideal for point of care use. It is also our go to scanner during this current COVID pandemic when infection control is a concern because it is so easy to clean and disinfect, especially compared to a cart based unit,” says Daniel Kim, MD, FRCPC, POCUS Fellowship Director, Department of Emergency Medicine, UBC.
- Ideal for quick exams to make better decisions about patients in critical condition
- Helps differentiate among causes of dyspnea, shock, chest pain, cardiac arrest
- Enables quick diagnosis of a pneumothorax or internal hemorrhage
- Easy infection control with no wires to clean, encase Clarius in a sterile bag
- Waterproof and fully immersible, Clarius is IP67 rated for high level disinfection
- Facilitates fast consults with expert colleagues using one-touch telemedicine
Ideal for scanning everything from cardiac, lung, bladder, vascular access to superficial.
High Frequency Linear
Ideal for scanning lung, vascular access, and superficial up to 7 cm.
Dr. Oron Frenkel shares the advantages of handheld ultrasound for COVID-19
Dr. Daniel Kim shows how to perform an extended FAST exam with Clarius
Dr. Frenkel discusses how handheld POCUS is dropping barriers to better patient care