AIME: Airway Intervention and Management in Emergencies Roadshow
The AIME program has been providing valued and practical hands-on airway management learning experiences for clinicians around the world for over 14 years. AIME educators are experienced (and entertaining) clinical instructors who understand the varied work environments of practicing clinicians. Whether you work in a large, high volume centre or a small remote setting, AIME will provide a practical approach for airway management in emergencies.
AIME program highlights include:
• Case-based clinical decision making
• New practical algorithms
• When, why and how to perform awake or rapid sequence intubation
• New textbook/manual based on the AIME program
• Unique, customized clinical videos
• Limited registration to ensure clinician to instructor ratio of 5 or 6:1
• Clinician to simulator ratios of 2:1
• Reinforcement of core skills
• Introduction to newer alternative devices (optical stylets, video laryngoscopes & others)
• Exposure to rescue devices (King laryngeal tubes, LMA Supreme and others)
At the end of this program, the learner can expect to:
• Be more confident and comfortable in making acute care airway management decisions.
• Have acquired a practical staged approach to airway management.
• Be able to choose the most appropriate method of airway management based on a variety of patient presentations.
• Make appropriate choices in the use of pharmacologic agents used to facilitate airway management.
• Know when and how to use various tools and adjuncts for managing the difficult airway.
|CFPC (with pre/post activity)||MAINPRO C||9|
|RCPSC||Section 1||up to 21.5 hr|
Nick J. Balfour, MD, CCFP(EM)
Sam G. Campbell, MD, CCFP, CCFP(EM)
George J. Kovacs, MD, FRCPC
J. Adam Law, MD, FRCPC Anesthesia
Paul N. Linden, MD, CCFP, CCFP(EM)
Kirk MacQuarrie, MD, FRCPC
David A. Petrie, MD, FRCPC
Alec H. Ritchie, MD, CCFP(EM)
John Ross, MD, FRCPC
Christian M. Soder, MD, FRCPC
John M. Tallon, MD, FRCPC
James Thompson, MD, FRCPC
Mark Vu, MD, FRCPC
“This is the best CME course going. Should be required for all ED physicians”.
"The energy and enthusiasm of the instructors was fantastic. The common sense approach made it easy to learn."
"The constant encouragement and non-intimidating approach of the instructors was good for learning. Keep up the great work! This course should be a pre-requisite for all residency programs."
"This was an excellent course. I feel like I can approach AW decisions with some knowledge and CONFIDENCE. Thank you!"
Contact Janice MacIsaac, CME Manager at 613.523.3343 ext. 20 to discuss bringing the AIME: Airway Intervention and Management in Emergencies Roadshow to your hospital.
Any use and/or application, in any location, in any manner, of any of the content or materials of the AIME Roadshow by any participant of the AIME Roadshow or any other individual shall be at the sole and complete discretion of the said participant or individual. For greater certainty CAEP and the speakers/presenters shall have no liability whatsoever for any use and/or application, in any location, in any manner, of any of the content or materials of the AIME Roadshow by any AIME Roadshow participant or any other individual.